Monday, November 2, 2009

And they're off and racing

I LOVE the Melbourne Cup Carnival.


Being a milliner, it's all about the hats and headpieces for me.


And being a bit of a purist, Derby Day is my favourite. But there's something about Melbourne Cup Day and all the colours of the rainbow that come out in celebration.

But because I've been pregnant nearly all year, I haven't been able to do much hat-making: the chemicals were best avoided.

I have, however, taken a couple of last minute orders and managed to finish them off, as well as make myself something to wear.


And in celebration of the fact that this is the first year since I finished uni that I haven't had to work on Melbourne Cup Day, I've invited some girlfriends over tomorrow. We all have new or nearly new babies, so it will be an interesting afternoon with about 13 little ones here, but I'm very excited.


Maybe next year - when they're a bit more mobile - we'll race the children.. hee hee

xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow my faves are the third one and the second last one.....can't go past flowers myself!!

    Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)