Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wow, what a week

I have had the best ever Christmas week. We cooked up a festive feast and had all the family to our house on Christmas Day. The boys were the star attraction of course. We have realised our parents don't visit on our account anymore :)

The food was fab, the rain held off, it was hot enough to swim, but not get burnt, and there was much much laughter and joy. Christmas with your own babies is just the most amazing thing. Even though they had absolutely no idea what was going on, it just felt so so special.

I've been doing some creative things with left-over ham, and so far have managed a ham and potato frittata, chicken and leek pie (with ham instead of bacon), many ham sandwiches, eggs benedict, fried rice, and have a ham souffle and spanish ham and eggs up my sleeve.

We hosted a fun dinner party for NYE, and I cooked a four course Thai menu. Fish cakes, red beef curry, whole steamed snapper, and sorbet with lime and vodka sugar syrup. All from scratch, and it was delicious. Some yummy champers, some kitschy party poppers, and a brilliant night was had by all.

And best of all, T is still on hols: I just adore spending all day with him. We have so much fun. We're like big kids really.

And 2010? It's going to be a good one. I can feel it :)

Happy New Year everyone. I hope it brings you love, laughter, kindness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)