Friday, January 29, 2010

Bedroom madness

I have fallen in love with this bedding - totally head over heels. Want it. Want it. Want it. [Not for me, obviously]





I can see my little boys in this room, with this scheme, and these planes.

So, why not just buy it?

Weeeelll, for a start, they're not quite in big beds just yet. But I can deal with that. I can put it away until they are! Or I can double it over until then.

Secondly, it's from Pottery Barn Kids, who don't ship internationally (what is it with American stores that won't ship out here?). Again, I have this one covered as I have a lovely friend in NYC who is ready willing and able to take delivery and then post it all on to me.

And finally - this is the big one - it will cost over $750, and that's without getting it to Australia. Yep. More than $750. Kapow.

It's too expensive isn't it. Is it? I can't justify it. Can I?

I have been telling myself (and T) that I'm going to just make it myself instead. But I already know that tracking down the fabric, cutting it all out, sewing, quilting (even on the machine), applique, etc will take ridiculous hours that I just don't have with two adorable little munchkins (who don't like to sleep during the day) on my hands.

Hmmm, I'm left with a dilemma. Not a great intro to Frugal February!!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's not popular to say it, but, it is a tad expensive. I can understand why you want it though. Maybe it could be an inspiration for sourcing similar bedding somewhere else? Good luck with it whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me a lot - I'm happily browsing online, come across something I just *have* to have, but it's ridiculously expensive. It's a tough call. Good luck deciding what to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)