Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...... Christmas??


I've started to get excited about Christmas. Yes, I know, it's not even mid-August.

Am I losing my mind? Quite possibly. But I can explain.

My beautiful mama and sisters have been spending some time with me while I've been cooped up, and are helping (ie doing the actual work while I point from my reclined position) me to tackle some of those jobs on 'that list': you know, the one that grows and grows and grows until it's so full you feel like you'll never get to the end of it, so don't even start.

One of the things I've wanted to do for a very long time is get rid of the junk in my drawers. And with the imminent arrival of two little beans I've realised space is what I need. So to the bins we (well, they) went!

While tossing and binning stuff (oh, so much stuff), we came across my Christmas magazine stash. Oh, I forgot how much I love it. Every year I go a bit mad in the lead up to Christmas and buy almost every single home, lifestyle and cooking mag so that I can plan the 'Perfect Christmas' - from door wreath, to nail-polish.

This delightful discovery, coupled with my realisation that this year is going to be our first year with two brand new little additions to our household got me so excited I could barely contain myself.

I have spent hours slowly reading, savouring, listmaking, and dreaming about Christmas this year. I can't wait (and not just because I can almost taste that sweet bubbly champagne that I've been missing now for months)!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah..I'm starting to get excited too. I want to do a holade Christmas this year so it really isn't thAt far away when you think of everything I want to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)