Thursday, June 18, 2009

Milliner and Mama?

I make hats. I love it. I don't think enough people wear them (myself included!) but every time I take an order, my heart smiles. I make lots of bridal pieces, lots of things for the races, and silk flowers silk flowers silk flowers!

It's a gorgeously relaxing meditative hobby, and I love the time I spend with my fabrics, scissors, ribbons, felts, blocks and the most wonderful antique french flower tooling set.

I hope that I will still have some time to do this when my little ones arrive. I'm sure I won't for the first few months, but at least I know my things will be there when I emerge from my new baby bubble.


Here is a photo montage of a small range of my head pieces. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, your work is fabulous! I hope you can find a teensy bit of time to continue your love of millinery once your baby boys have settled in at home. I'd love to see more of your work too!

    Welcome to blogging.
    x Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)