Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tears



I've spent a good portion of the last week in tears. I've lost my wedding and engagement rings, and I'm so terribly terribly sad.


They are nowhere I know. I have been hoping with every ounce of wish and will in me that they turn up.


But they haven't, despite many hours of retracing steps and searching - both my home and the recessess of my memory.


So, I suppose, that's it. They're lost. Gone from my life forever. An absence I will feel, as acutely as the first moment I realised they were missing, every time I look at my left hand.

At least I have beautiful memories.


image from here

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Jen, how awful! Crossing my fingers hoping they magically turn up somewhere soon. But you're right- at least you have some
    beautiful memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jen, are you sure you can't retrace your steps. Why did you take them off last time? I take mine off as soon as I walk in the door.... they annoy me... sorry hubby. Have you checked the rubbish? Children - did they swallow them? underwear drawer? side tables? laundry? C'mon you will find them. Just turn your house upside down very methodically. Don't give up. They will come back to you. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sweetie... there are no words... i hope you stumble upon them soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you, you kind lovelies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you poor thing!! Hope they show up somewhere when you least expect them to appear - don't give up!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this Jen. I hope they show up in your life very soon, maybe a little sparkle out the corner of your eye and there they'll be.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)