Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Belly Diaries

I haven't been much good at photographically documenting my pregnancy. I always thought it would be something I'd want to do, but in between morning sickness, hospital visits, back injuries and general life, it seems to have fallen off the ever growing list of things that need to be done.

But I knew that there were a couple floating about, so I'm officially announcing the start now! Here are the pictures we have. And I will endeavour to take a new one at least every fortnight between now and when the little beans arrive.

6 weeks

This is me (well, my belly) at 6 weeks. I knew I was pregnant (omg, so exciting!!!), but didn't yet know we were having twins.
long long break between photos...... Where was I? Primarily wrapped around the loo to be honest - in no fit state for photographs!

18 weeks

Well, the morning sickness had finally (finally!) stopped. And we had found out the wonderful news that we were expecting twins. To be honest, I was starting to feel a little worried about my growth. It felt like everyone was telling me I was abnormally small - "especially for twins" (said people in utter disbelief - with that look - you know that one that says 'are you eating, do you have an eating disorder, are they ok, i hope you're not starving them').

I still hadn't put on any weight, and it felt like so long between scans and obstet
ric appointments. I was really concerned that something was wrong - with me, with them - and I could barely wait for our morphology scan, which was only a week away.

My mum came to the rescue... again.... reminding me that she had twins, and didn't know she was expecting them until my sister Angela (the second born) was delivered! And she wasn't huge or else she, the doctors, nurses, and every person in the street (!), would have realised something was up!

22 weeks

I'm sorry for the terrible quality of this photo - I think I took it one-handed - possibly in a mirror.... oh dear.
We knew we had two little boys in there by this stage, and this moment was when it all really began to feel real for me. Until I grew a little bump and until I could feel the little darlings wriggling around, it felt like a dream - a wonderful dream that I never wanted to wake up from - but a dream nonetheless.

But since my 'aha' moment, things feel like they're on fast forward! I'm feeling the most delightful kicks, I've really 'popped', and I just can't wait to meet the little ones.
I can already sense that one is a real little firecracker (the twin on the bottom) and the top one is kinda chilled, moving at a slower, more languid pace.

I wonder if that's what they'll be like in life too?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)