Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The baby shower was divine!

M baby shower was abosulutely perfect! The weather was gorgeous, sunlight dappled down through the ancient fig trees, the garden at the front of the hospital had been conveniently freshly planted and mulched and more than 40 of my girlfriends showed up to celebrate with me.

My mama, sisters and mother-in-law all did such a beautiful job of keeping it pretty, catered, and fun. And my gorgeous friend Megan was superwoman when it came to keeping on top of the guest list and administering a rather cohesive gift list. What a lucky girl I am to have such wonderful friends.
Even the lollies, cupcakes, and presents were colour-coordinated!!

And while, for so long, I had it all mapped out in my head to be held at home with crystal stemware, fine bone china, etc etc, it ended up being even more perfect than I could have imagined. And doesn't that just prove that it's your family and friends that make special occasions so special. I love them all.

Here are some happy snaps!

And remember those origami cranes? Well, instead of a signed guest book, I had all my family and friends write little messages on the wings of the cranes, and I'm going to string them into a hanging mobile for over the change table. Photos to come!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the paper crane idea, I look forward to seeing it in action! I saw them used as a party invitation once and loved it then too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)