Thursday, August 22, 2013

Out of the mouths of babes

May you NEVER stop exploring, wondering, questioning, learning. May you always look forward. 

Darling boys,

You are HILARIOUS. Hilarious in the most wonderful of ways. A few days ago, on the drive to kindy, I was privileged to overhear this conversation between the two of you. 

I had to concentrate so intensely on not laughing out loud because I didn't want you to stop talking. 

You clever, beautiful, insightful darlings. I am so proud of you.

[You have to imagine this complete with lisps, 'w's instead of 'r's, and mispronunciations]

H, gasping in shock: "I just saw a picture of the new Pwime Mininster Kevin Rwudd"
R: " Oh. [pause] What happened to Julia Gizzard?"
H: "She gotted out. They did not want to play with her anymore so she was out." 
R: "Oh, that's not nice."
H: "No, and Kevin Rwudd is a meanie. He doesn't let the mummies and daddies and chrildren come here when they are not safe."
R, gasping: "That's NOT nice!"
H: "No. That's not nice at all."
R: "What about ummm, Mama what's the other one's name? Tony Rabbit? Does he let the chrildren in?"
H: "I don't know. Probably not. Maybe when I grow up I will be the Pwime Mininster."
R: "Gweat idea Hamey!"
H: "Hmmmm.... atchally no. I sink I will be SuperMan."


Huh. How about that? Out of the mouths of babes.

You both then launched into a very colourful conversation about superheroes, superhero suits, super powers, and other important topics of the day.

You make my heart sing. 

And for the record, I'd totally vote for SuperMan.

All the love in the universe,

Your  mama 

6 comments:

  1. I think we could all use a Superman in Parliament. That conversation is incredible. It shows to that they are growing up in a household with heart too. Wise little men. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of vigorous political debate in this house! I was astonished at how much they listen. x

      Delete
  2. Oh how incredibly cute! Superman has my vote too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!
    And so smart! I think they have more of a gasp of current events than I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have always-listening ears. A lesson to be VERY careful about what we talk about 'round here! x

      Delete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)